Dearly B. Loved
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our blog directory.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Derek Lenton


Ever so sadly I must bring you the news of Derek’s sudden passing in the early hours of Sunday morning, I find it hard to write again and focusing my thoughts on another friend and colleague’s passing...

Many of you will not of know Derek whose Parks service was from 1981 through to 1987, he was in the first intake of cadet rangers/rangers who passed through the Wild Life College (Matopos Hotel?) under  Steve Johnson, he was then posted for his three month’s probationary  service to Chete/Chizarira under the guidance of Blondie Leathem and Peter Fick. I have his last station as being Management Unit under Clem.

At the time of his untimely death Derek was working on the Bubye Valley Conservancy in a close knit team under Blondie who, as expected, speaks very highly of him.

As a family we reach out to Antoinette and their two sons Sean and Roy who work, I understand, in the SAVE and BVC respectively – We grieve and weep with you sharing in your enormous loss of a husband, father and dear friend.

Support - Letters of sympathy and condolences to Antoinette, Sean and Roy - please send to – Dalenton@gmail.com and roy1.lenton@gmail.com  

I will advise local Dagaboys of the funeral arrangements once these are known.

God Bless

Mike  








Psalm 62.1  My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him


No comments:

Post a Comment